Hi, I'm Polly Trenow
I help organisations and individuals create inclusive economies.
I am campaigner and policy expert on gender equality and feminist and intersectional economics. I am also Co-Chair for Communications and a member of the Management Committee of the Women’s Budget Group.
I make videos, run workshops, develop campaigns and communications strategies, undertake research and write articles to help reduce inequality – particularly in our economy.
I have appeared on a variety of media including on Women’s Hour, the Today Programme, Talk Radio and LBC.
I have previously undertaken freelance projects for the London Borough of Barking and Dagenham, University College London (UCL), The Gender Inequality Commission of the London School of Economics and Political Science (LSE), the New Economy Organisers Network, the Fawcett Society, the Women’s Resource Centre and the Women’s Budget Group among others.
Until 2017 I worked as Senior Policy and Campaigns Officer for the Fawcett Society.
I have previously been employed by:
I have a MA in Gender Studies from UCL and a BA Hons in Social and Political Sciences from Cambridge University.
2019 projects include:
- Running workshops on strategy and campaigns for the Smallwood Trust
- Running a session on intersectionality for the Welsh Assembly at Cardiff University
- Delivering a series of workshops across England for Stir to Action on intersectional economics
- Running a six month long piece of field research about Black and Ethnic Minority women’s employment for the London Borough of Waltham Forest
- Developing communications and policy strategy for Dr Afshin Zilanawala from UCL on her research on shift work an family life